SALVATION: Become born again.
Jesus, the Way to God and the Way to Salvation
Salvation, being saved from our sins, is the first step to having an intimate relationship with God, living a whole Christ-filled abundant life, and a MOGASlife. Giving your life to Jesus Christ and securing your eternal future is the best gift to give yourself. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD, THE FATHER. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the Light of the World.
Salvation? Why do I need to be saved?
· We all have a sinful nature and have sinned against God. (Romans 3:23, Psalm 51:5, John 1:8, Psalm 51:4)
· The outcome of sin is death (Romans 6:23)
· To be justified (Acts 13:39)
· We must answer to God for what we do (2 Corinthians 5:10)
· Release heavy burdens and rest (Matthew 11:28
· To have your name be added to The Book of Life to not end up in the Lake of Fire after physical death (Revelation 20:15)
· To be saved from eternal damnation and punishment (Matthew 25:46)
· To be converted into a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17)
· To spread the Gospel of Jesus to direct others to Jesus Christ and eternal life (Mark 16:15)
· To help combat darkness and spread the Light of Jesus Christ by being the light (Matthew 5:14-16)
John 3:5-16 5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh isflesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Breathe: There is a way out of sin, darkness, anxiety, depression, guilt, and shame. Jesus is everything we need. He promised to never leave us or forsake us. He is here to make you whole. Have faith and believe.
Salvation is very easy to achieve. It is as simple as believing, repenting, confessing, and receiving. It is important to remember, we are saved by grace through faith, not by our works.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
Revelation 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
MOGAS Faith Sight: See with your mind’s eye Jesus standing lovingly in front of you with His hands outstretched to receive you.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
HALLELUJAH! THE ANGELS ARE JOYFUL ABOUT YOUR COMING TO JESUS, AND SO AM I. You have made a wise decision!
Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life.“
How to Be Saved
Hear: He that has an ear, let him hear what Christ is saying
· Hear the Gospel (The Good News) of Jesus Christ: God loved us so much that He gave His Son, Jesus Christ who shed powerful blood and died on the cross for our sins, was buried, rose again on the third day, ascended, and sits at the right hand of the Father, and who will return to judge the world. (John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 15:1-6, Roman 1:16-17)
Faith: Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
· The substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen
· Have Faith (Ephesians 2:8-9)
· Trust that what the Bible says is Truth
· Believe in the Lord (Acts 16:30-31, Acts 10:43, Mark16:16)
· Believe the Gospel that God loved us so much that He gave His Son, Jesus Christ who died for our sins, was buried, God rose from the dead on the third day and sits at the right hand of the Father, who will return (Mark 16:15-16, Romans 10:9)
· Believe (trust) that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. (Acts 8:35-38)
· Confess your sins (1 John 1:9)
· Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9)
· Repent: Turn your back on evil and away from what we know is not good or Godly (Mark 1:15, Acts 2:37-38, Acts 17:30-31, Matthew 3:8)
Accept, receive, draw nigh
· Accept Jesus into your heart and life; draw nigh unto Him (Acts 4:12)
· Open your heart and life up to Jesus.
· Ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins, come into your heart, and wash you clean by His blood He shed on the cross for your sins.
· God, Holy Spirit, will help you, comfort you, and lead and guide you into all truth
John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly. Salvation: The Free Gift of God
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God, the Father, wants us to accept His Son, Jesus Christ, and be saved from our sinful nature. Jesus Christ is Lord, God, the Son, who lived on Earth as fully man and fully God. While here, he taught, healed, delivered bound and captive people. He was later crucified on the cross at Calvary because of some of the people’s unbelief that He, Jesus, was the Son of God, the true and living King, Emanuel (God with us), God the Son, who was sent to be the Savior of the world as a man as prophesied by the prophets in the Old Testament. Jesus was mocked, ridiculed, called names, spat on, made to carry His heavy cross up to Calvary. His accusers twisted a mocking crown of thorns on His head. He was nailed to the cross and hung between two thieves, pierced in His side, beat, and However, He was humble and begged for God, the Father, to forgive them because they didn’t know what they were doing.
Jesus bled. He died. He was buried, and on the third day, He rose with ALL POWER IN HIS HANDS. He took the keys of death, hell, and the grave. He ascended back to the Father and intercedes for us. He went through all of that for you! Jesus, with His CLEANSING, HEALING BLOOD and HIS LIFE, paid the ultimate sacrificial price for us, His friends, that we may be connected to Him and live eternally with Him because He loves us. He loves you. You are precious to Him. He knows who you are and wants to have a close and intimate relationship with you. Your life will never be the same.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
It doesn’t matter how good you think you are; we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God according to scripture. This subject dates back to the beginning of mankind to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. When man and woman were deceived by the persuasion of Satan who appeared as a serpent to convince them to partake of the forbidden fruit, their free will to rebel and disobey God caused them and all that followed them to be of a sinful nature.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
God loves us so much that He sacrificed the life of His only Son, JESUS, to die and resurrect for our sins. You may think you are not worthy, but you are. That’s why He is calling you to Him. He is knocking at your door. Answer Him. HE IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE. Peace is in accepting and knowing Jesus. HE IS THE SHEPHERD and OVERSEER OF OUR SOUL. HE IS A COUNSELOR, THE GREAT PHYSICIAN, THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. It’s the wisest decision you will ever make.
We all have been given free will. Therefore, we must invite Jesus into our lives to make us a new creature. This is called being born again: not of the flesh, but of the Spirit. Jesus is then living and dwelling inside us because of our sincere invitation to Him.
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me.
1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healedRevelation 22:17And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.